Translate

"TO KNOW THE TRUTH, YOU HAVE TO FIND THE TRUTH, ONLY THERE DOES THE TRUTH LIE."

Saturday 10 December 2022

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!

OR AT LEAST IT DOES WHEN WE REFUSE TO LEARN HOW TO AVOID MOVING IN CIRCLES! Post No.25 (A 7 minute read)

A very good afternoon to you ALL. A hot shower has given me a little lift and so I plough into my next post in which I shall review chapter twenty-one of my first book ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN, the title of which is, WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!

the pink front cover of my book on the outside looking in
MY FIRST BOOK!

In this instance, I am referring to our imminent third wave of COVID-19. They were being referred to as waves of infection but in truth, they were the result of each easing of preventative spreading measures. We have lulls in high transmission rates and so perceived that we were winning the fight against the virus!! It was wishful thinking; they were lulls in the tempest!

I was still continuing to be horrified at the ignorance of much of the general public. The will to get back to regular life was greater than the will to prevent the loss of life. We had chased our tails again and the school autumn term was just a few weeks away and with no clear plans in sight. Families had gone on summer holidays and our children were all now becoming positive cases too. It was looking ever worse.

We had a far higher infection rate in September 2020 than in the March of 2020. I could see that we would have to go into lockdown, we could not allow all of these unnecessary deaths, could we? Or could we? Well, yes, we could! We now had twenty-five thousand deaths from a virus that no one seemed to want to take seriously. When there were good, solid guidelines, only half chose to follow them. The VIRTUALLY REAL people could not get in touch with our very REAL REALITY. 

I needed to escape this madness too. What could I do? Where could I go? Back into me, my only salvation. I could see that here in Spain we had no youth interest in the REAL world, that is a REAL worry. I quote myself from this chapter:

There are numerous negative elements to add to the already well-established institutional negatives of sexism, prejudice, inequality and poverty. When our youth have no interest in reality and no longer incubate the desire and will to try and move our reality to a better place, I indeed feel fear!

There is the old, `If you cannot beat them, join them´ philosophy. Then there is the, `I am not going to stand for this´ philosophy and there is the, `This is nothing to do with me´ philosophy. Or you can try the escapism philosophy and create your own world within another world, in which you and your selected members live and collectively forget that there is a REAL world turning out there every day. A REAL world that no longer has an outspoken youth ready to stand up and make changes!

My generation failed to make any changes at the time, but some twenty-five years on, our LOOK became `fashion´???!! I still struggle to understand what `fashion´ really is! Brain dead people who obviously have no ideas of their own and so have to, like the obedient sheep that they are, follow HE who tinkles the bell! The fashion designer picked up on this lot a long time ago and it is surprising how much money a little tinkle of a bell can make for some, is it not?

I am referring to the many earrings and nose studs/rings, which were the choice of my generation. I for my own part well, please do not forget that I had been watching documentaries about all manner of tribes for ten years before I got started on my perforations! I had the pleasure of knowing as a child, our local Bangladeshi doctor´s wife, who wore a beautiful gold flower stud in her nostril!

To have seen this so close up was to have me wanting, as of about seven years of age, to have a nose stud! As for the earrings, the influence there is totally Wodaabe. For those of you who do not know our African indigenous peoples, the Wodaabe are a nomadic people who wander around the Sahara and sub-Saharan nations of West Africa. The Wodaabe women adorn their ears with very large hooped rings!! End of quote.

Then my own quest for earrings began and I talk of the difficulties at school because the rules allowed only one pair of earrings! I had nine earrings!!!! But the boys were wearing earrings too! There were foolish connotations associated with boys wearing earrings and in particular in which ear they were worn!! So, the rules were changed to one pair of earrings, one earring in each ear only and for girls only!! 

When my boy went to secondary school he was allowed to wear two earrings and the girls were wearing more than one pair per ear! I reminded him then of the struggles that we had as teenagers at secondary school, taking out our earrings and nose rings many times a day. Some freedoms we had won but they were not felt until some generations later.

I am sure that most of us are still happily wearing our earrings and nose rings, the only difference is that now others deem you, AAAAAAARGH!!! Dare I say it? FASHIONABLE! You have to live it to know it. I quote myself again:

Today we are living `anything goes´! Maybe we did achieve something after all!! All be it only getting the ball rolling on the freedom to wear more than one pair of earrings at school, for the girls AND the boys!!!! And I remind my son of that. He had a freedom that I had not had at that same age but because we never removed our adornments, well, you have ALL got used to it, have you not? Forty years it took but it was not that big a deal really, was it?

The big deal was our challenging the very foundations that upheld our very own society, was it not? A REAL fear, clever people who can see through their elders and are prepared to blow their cover!! Alarm bells were clanging!! Extinction, annihilation, we must shut them up before any of the sheep start to listen to them and they wake up!! PUNK IS NOT DEAD, BUT THEN NEITHER IS MAN-KIND, YET!!!! End of quote.

What a strange existence it is that we have to live unless we are able to be independent of man-kind in every way!! Do you have many pairs of earrings and nose studs? How many years have you been wearing yours? Would you ever consider taking them out? Does it bother you that others have many earrings or nose studs?

It is my anniversary today and I shall congratulate myself. I started my blog spot one month ago now. I have posted twenty five blogs in those first thirty days. I have had four hundred and four views to my blog and from six different countries so far. One person has made contact with me in that one month and I am very grateful to you Ms. C for taking the time to make contact. TIME, that is what we need and never find. 

In many ways, this marks the point in my book where I began to change direction. I will talk of my reasoning for that in my next post, so until then.................

I thank you for reading and please FEEL welcome to comment in the space below or make communication via the comment box in the right-hand panel, under which you can see my follow tab if you would like to follow my Trains of Thought. I would love to hear from you!

This book can be viewed and purchased on the Amazon sites, the .com links are these: ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN Paperback and ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN e-book

For more infj blogs check here: https://lifestyle.feedspot.com/infj_blogs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there reader, what do you think? I would love to hear your thoughts on my trains of thought. GO AHEAD! Air those thoughts too! I have no taboos!