Translate

"TO KNOW THE TRUTH, YOU HAVE TO FIND THE TRUTH, ONLY THERE DOES THE TRUTH LIE."

Thursday 15 December 2022

SCHOOL DAYS ARE DONE! THANK HEAVENS FOR THAT!!!

EVER INCREASING CIRCLES....... SEX, DRUGS AND ROCK AND ROLL! Post No.28 (A 16 minute read) 

I do not know how many of you readers absolutely longed to finish secondary school and continue to increase your circles of movement. I know I did! School felt like a going through the motions to me! What point was there in all of this, I asked myself with great regularity? Even as those ever increasing circles took me further and further away from all those that I had previously known, I did not FEEL any sense of regret at all.

It seemed right, these people were not going down my path, was it not inevitable therefore, that we would part company. I for my part, was glad when we did. That proximity day after day with those same people was always a tough ask! What did we learn, I also ask myself? Well, right now I am thinking that one of the things that we learnt was tolerance! How to put up with people that you did not necessarily like or get on with!

Quite important learning really, was it not? That primarily, is what we have to do most of every day of our lives, is it not? TOLERATE. Well, I have stopped tolerating by and large. No, that is maybe what we should never have done. TOLERATE. As I said in my last blog, the continual touching up of the boys should have been UNTOLERABLE!! It was UNTOLERABLE to us as girls, it was! But we had to TOLERATE it!!

No uncertain amount of freedom came my way on leaving secondary school therefore, and touching up daily, became a thing of the past!! It continued to be frequent but not the sustained daily onslaught that was the school day!! I was living and breathing music by this stage and had been to a number of musical gigs already. I did not have any fixed plans as yet, I think it takes some time to shrug off school before you can start thinking clearly again. Know what I mean?

my home made christmas wreath hanging on my front door
HAPPY WINTER HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

Good afternoon to you readers around the world, you find me today writing from my bed. I FELT better this morning but with the television overheating in the lounge, I am staying confined to my bedroom. Shades of the past and visions of the future all in one!! Today I am reviewing chapter twenty-three of my first book ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN, which is entitled SCHOOL IS OUT!

Should you be interested in buying my book, you can find it on Amazon with these links: ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN Paperback and ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN e-book

Having had the summer holiday breather, I headed away from home to college and began to find a more independent state of being. But that was clearly a case of the grass is greener and I decided to carry on my second year of the course back in my home city college. That was for the September term though, first we had the summer holidays.

My beloved late elder sister was now working and had a small flat just round the corner from the college. Can you believe it? She had started her career in the travel business, figuring that there would be cheap opportunities of travel from within the business and she was not wrong. So it was that we headed off on our first foreign trip together. She had a two for the price of one and we headed off to Morocco.

It was the beginning of today for me and for her. It whet our appetite for the exotic and travel became our focus. I had one of the only good relationships with a guy that I have ever had at this time and this was a beautiful year in my life. I fell in love for the first time and I did really love this young man. Two and a half years we stayed together and it was with great sadness that we parted company.

But before that, we shared much. College finished for me and another trip was arranged with my elder sister. Another two for one to a Greek island which we enjoyed. I was no longer a student and had to look for work and well, my elder sister was working evenings in one of the most IN places of the times in my home city. Our father did the interior designs, although he never got paid for it!! I came along, had a chat with the boss and was taken on.

I started my first job and the student days and schedules were left behind. They were good days, some of my most fulfilling days spent in my country. We were a nice crowd, the Young Punks of my home city. There were some fabulous pubs to hang out in beside the one that I worked in. Many of which had their interiors designed by my father as well!!! Music was omnipresent in our lives and there was a lot of thinking going on.

We were anarchists, we could see through our leaders, we could see the classist society that was being upheld, based on wealth and rank possessing. Much of the music of the times sang about the issues that we were facing as youths in my country and beyond. We branched out musically and were tuning in to many different beats. Now it seems that there is just the one musical beat, the dead beat!!

Sri Lanka was our next port of call and I who had longed to have close ups with elephants, was in heaven. My sister and I really did have a fabulous time and yes, I did have my beautiful day with elephants, another of those days of my life that will never fade into oblivion! I can still smell the elephants, still hear them, still FEEL them. Pure magic! I also found out what it was to have sun stroke too. I had known air sickness, sea sickness, road sickness and now sun sickness, but there was not any sun!!!

No, there was no sun on that day, there was not. It was grey and drizzly but it was very hot none the less. It was the beginning of the monsoon season, muggy and wet but still very hot. Be warned please!! Sun stroke is very unpleasant, it is. As you can read in this chapter of my book.

Each time I came back, I picked up where I had left off with my guy but of course, he was not sat still whilst I was doing my thing! No, he had his own plans and ambitions. That was part of the attraction you know. Here was a guy who knew what he wanted, who had his ambitions, just like me. But our ambitions were so very different. We could support each other always, just as we supported our separation further down the line of time.

He would have made a wonderful soul mate, he was INFJ, I can see it, just that our skills were distinct.

Have you had good relationships that have come to a natural end? Do you remember any teenage relationships favourably? Can you see how difficult it is to find your partner at this young age?

I thank you for reading and please FEEL welcome to comment in the space below or make communication via my contact box in the right-hand panel where you can also find my follow tab, if you would like to keep up to date with me. Next post I will be FINDING FINANCES.......ALL THE WAY TO BOMBAY in chapter twenty-four, so check that out. 

For now, I shall make a cup of tea and have a snooze. Until next time, happy learning.

More INFJ writers can be found here: https://lifestyle.feedspot.com/infj_blogs



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there reader, what do you think? I would love to hear your thoughts on my trains of thought. GO AHEAD! Air those thoughts too! I have no taboos!